Vastu is a science. If we follow few tips of Vastu Shastra, it ensures a happy, prosperous life & good health of your house.
Attract positive energies
Vastu Shastra is about invoking positive energies, Everything inside your home & out side the home should attract positive energies. First choose homes that have east, north and north-east facing entrance. Secondly, small things like your wash room, rest room after coming home, Pooja room does matter. lighting up your house when its dark can help bring in positive energies. Light a lamp in the evening, showing incense sticks and doing a prayer every morning and evening can bring positivety in your life, this will make you feel more positive & helps evil energies to stay away.
Clean your home on regular basis, dispose those things that we haven’t used for a long time or will never use them again. Make your home dust free. Clutter adds confusion and can result in arguments in the family. A clean house means a lot of positive energy surrounding the enviornment.
Make sure your house doesn’t have a lot of sharp edges
Sharp edges can bring negativity. Avoid buying a furnished home with a lot of sharp edges as they attract negative energies.
Let your Bedroom Enhance Your Relationship
Use colours which is best for you as per your horoscope in your bedroom. Keep a couple of prosperous, happy pictures of you and your wife around, It will strengthening the relationship between the couple. Your bed should’t face a mirror or anything made of glass, because this may bring bad dreams and effects the balance.”
Avoid Unattractive Things And Noisy Sounds
Cactus and other shrubs should be kept outside the house, they attract negative energies. Avoid keeping artificial cloth or plastic plants and flowers, You should decorate your house with real flowers. Similarly, Choose a door bells which have a pleasant ring, bad doorbell sound tend to spoil the mood of the house.
Some Useful Vastu Tips Are As Follows:
- Bhumi-pujan ceremony has to be performed before commencing the construction of a new house and Griha-pravesh ceremony before shifting into it.
- Always keep a bright light on the main door.
- There is maximum 5 doors open will be best to leave.
- There should not be obstructive houses or constructions surrounding your plot.
- Airy and has enough water resource should be there in your home .
- The gate of the lift should not be in the front of the main gate of the house.
- High trees like like Bangan, Pipal, Thornytrees should should never be planted near the house.
- Prickly cactus, plants should keep outside the house.
FOR POOJA ROOM
- Pooja Room is best to face the east or North-East direction
- Center of the floor has to be vacant. Use marble in the worship room.
- There should be enough light and air. Latrine should not be near worship room.
- Keep your pooja room clean and always light incense sticks in the evening.
- The ceiling of the Pooja room should be lower than the ceiling of all the other rooms in the house.
FOR STUDY ROOM
- The study room is best to be placed in North-East/East or West side of the house.
- Children should face towards East or North while studying.
- The book rack should be made of wood and should be placed on the Southern or Western wall.
- The shape of the study table should either be square or rectangle.
- The study room should have images of Lord Ganesh and Goddess Saraswati in North – East wall.
- The windows size matters in vastu. It should be larger on the eastern side and smaller on the western side of the room.
- The study room should have Crystel Yellow light/neutral color scheme for better learning power.
- Avoid keeping a T.V. set in bed-room.
- Keeping any water feature or plants in the bed room should be avoided.
- Always use single mattresses and bed-sheet.
- Coming wind from south-west is good in the bed room.
- Keep your head in east or south while sleeping.
FOR LIVING ROOM
- Northern direction is good for living room.
- Avoid sharp edges furniture for home.
- The furniture must be placed along the southern and western walls which ensures that you sit facing north and east which is good for a healthy mind.
- Cleen the corners.
- Place a picture of bright sunrise on East wall.
- Place an aquarium in the north-east corner in living room.
- Place a prosperous,happy,positive family picture in living room.
- You should never keep torn clothes,withered flowers, waste materials, waste paper, empty tins, old jars and useless things.These things will bring negativity & prevent Lakshmi from entering the house.
- Kitchen should always be in the South-Eastern corner.
- Keeping a mirror in kitchen is not good.
- Center of the Dining-room should be empty & not expose to the front door of your house.
- Bathroom and toilet door should be closed.
- Windows should open outward normally.
- Sit facing the door in the office.
- Hang a picture of God , Guru or mountains behind you in the office.
- Place the computer on your right side on the table.
- A ladder to go up stair curved on the right side should be divided in to two parts. It should be constructed leaving north-east or south-west direction. Ladders stepping down towards north or west create waste of Lakshmi.
CONSIDERATIONS IN DESIGNING A SHOP
- According to Vastu the owner of the shop should sit facing towards North or East.
- The clients or customer while entering into the shop should face towards North or East which energizes the environment.
- Cash counter must be installed somewhere so that counter should open towards North and while locker or cash room should be constructed towards South-west opening in North.
- Keep most of the selling items in the north-west, the quadrant of air, which aids movement.
- Idols of lord Ganesha or Goddess Lakshmi should be placed in the North-East.
- The north-east corner is the sacred space of the shop. It should never be cluttered. It should always be kept empty and clean. A fountain or a water source is the best for this corner.
- A shop with rectangular or square shape is considered to be the best.
- The readied goods can be kept at Southwest corner as its always best and suitable place for keeping goods.
- Tulsi plants have the power to transform and bad energy into positive energy. It can be placed in the North-East corner.
- All the doors in your office/shop should open inside to retain . Make sure that the door are not noisy. If so, grease them periodically to smoothen the door.
- Decorate your shop’s premises by growing small decorative plants and shrubs in the north and east corner.
- Mangalick symbol of the Native or ‘swastik’ or ‘shubh-labh’ and ‘riddhi-siddhi’ should be written on one of the walls inside the shop.
- Assign the southeast corner of the shop to place a television or computer.
House is considered as heaven of women. It is the wishes of every women that all persons residing in her house should become happy and prosperous. Lord Vishwakarma has developed and given us the Vastu Shastra for the Upliftment of the society.
Following are some of the golden principles of Vastu Shastra :
- The best shape of the plot is either rectangular or square.
- South facing doors are not at all advisable.
- All doors and windows facing east and north should be kept open in daytime whereas those facing south and west should be kept closed when not in use.
- Yow should avoided house next to temple or grave-yard.
- Do not sleep and seat under beam of iron.
- One should use light colors for Bedroom walls, bed-sheets, and nightdress.
- The head of the family or couple’s bedroom should be on southwest corner of the building.
- In drawing room one should seat faces either north or east only.
- South, west or southwest directions are advisable for electronic instruments and apparatus.
- Locker, Almirahas, Important cupboards should be kept in such a way that the person opening it should face south direction.
- Northeast is for pooja room or Mandir. One should seat facing east when praying, and, should use silver utensils and wear silk dress.
- Southeast or in northwest side is best for kitchen only. Person should face east or north when cooking.
- Everybody should face east or north while eating.
- Television Setting in the bedroom area is not recommended.
- Keep the plants and water sport far from your bedroom
- One should not split bed sheet and bed mattresses
- Set your house furniture in the form of circle, square, or as octagon
- Keep the corners Clean & bright
- Keep an image of bright sun in the southern wall of the living area
- Choose your bedroom in such a way that wind must blow from south to west
- Your house dinning hall must never get exposed to the entrance door of the house
- Never set a mirror in the kitchen room
- Mops and brooms should not be placed in the kitchen
- Always Keep the doors of your toilet and bathroom closed most the time
- You should keep away cactus from your house premises
- Keep a fish aquarium in the southeast corner in your living area
- Keeping a happy family photograph or picture inside your living room will be benificial
- A high trees such as Bangan, Thorny, and Pipal is not good to grow inside the house premises
- Ensure that the lift gate is not set in face of the entry main gate of your house
- Your house should never be in disturbed by any obstructive buildings.
- Building your house rooms in shape of oval, circle, or triangle is strictly not advisable
- Ensure that your house is good with right air circulation and water source
- Your latrine seat must be kept facing towards northern south
- keeping a God, mountain wallpaper behind you while seating in your office is good
- Never keep a ladder that faces towards west or north, as it makes waste of money
- Wearing a torn cloth or withered flowers may invoke negative energies as these will prevent the Goddess Lakshmi entering into the home
- A powerful cosmic cleanser is Fire. It’s advisable to burn earthen lamps and incense sticks morning and evening.
- According to Vastu, have a nameplate outside your door, for opportunities to trace you easily.
- As per Vastu, have your kitchen in the South East corner of your house, if it is not possible, at least place the gas stove in the South-East of your kitchen.
- Take off all the mirrors from the bedroom. If it’s not possible, at least face them away from bed or cover them while sleeping. It is said to cause ill health and discord in family.
- Keeping medicines inside the kitchen is said to attract negative energy.
- Chant and meditation once a day can give you positive energy in the environment.
- Place a lemon in a glass of water and change it every Saturday, to get rid of negative energy.
- Native must keep ” Swastik ” and ” Om ” symbols at the door of your house.
- The tinkling of bells is believed to break energy patterns and help the inflow of positivety. So hang a couple of metal bells at your gate.
- Salt is believed to absorb negative energy. So, keeping bowls of salt in several corners of your house can absorb negetive energy.
- You must Perform Ganesh pooja, Navagrah shanti puja at least once in every year to help removes Vastu dosh from a house
- According to Vastu, Poster of negative elements, angry person, crying woman, owl, war scene, and eagle are considered inauspicious. If you are having one of them in your home, remove it immediately.
- Chanting the mantra ” Om Namo Bhagavate Vasudevaya ” is said to do away with all doshas in a house.
- Place an aquarium in the North-East corner of your office room for prosperity.